Digital Account Strategist, Putney / Remote
Digital Account Strategist
Join one of the UK’s most ambitious digital marketing agencies, recently named London’s leading digital marketing company by Clutch.co!
Our client base includes some of the most exciting eCommerce, eLearning and Fintech start-ups in the market, and we are pushing the boundaries with our work on some of the most exciting and challenging digital marketing briefs in the market.
To support Yay!Starter’s ambitious growth plans, we are seeking a talented Digital Account Manager with a strong working knowledge of Paid Search, SEO, Content Marketing and Social Media.
With the first-rate communication skills that will enable you to build effective client relationships, you’ll capture and translate client requirements for the internal marketing teams, ensuring campaign and project delivery in a timely manner to the uncompromising high standards that have become the agency’s hallmark.
This is a key role within a small, highly diverse and multi-national (but fast-growing) team, and a fantastic opportunity for an experienced digital account manager to take the next step. You will have the opportunity to directly influence overall business direction, strategy and success in the coming years.
For the successful candidate, this is an excellent personal and career development opportunity.
- Lead the client-facing & top-level strategic success of projects, SEO & PPC accounts with support team.
- Oversee smooth running of multiple projects/accounts whilst ensuring they achieve their strategic objectives
- Help to coordinate internal Content, SEO & PPC specialists.
- Be highly organised and thrive on setting up and running a well-oiled machine that delivers great results based on well-thought-through processes & strategies. Project Management experience will be highly relevant.
- Ensure quality control of campaign outputs, proofread & assist with content creation.
- Be strategic and the key point of contact for clients and be able to provide ad-hoc advice on B2B/B2C digital marketing topics when needed, mainly within SEO, content & PPC.
- Lead campaign discovery and definition phases, working with specialists on the team to map out campaign strategy, uncover insights within the analytics accounts, carry out competitor analysis etc.
- Contribute to and sometimes lead proposals for new business opportunities when appropriate.
- Actively manage communication, reporting and reviews of client accounts. Take ownership of client relationships, campaign priorities & output delivery.
- A BA or equivalent in marketing, journalism, or similar would be highly advantageous.
- Passionate about digital with a working knowledge of paid, owned & earned media.
- Excellent organisational skills – able to oversee multiple workstreams and prioritise outcomes.
- Customer-centric – with excellent interpersonal, communication & influencing skills.
- Highly collaborative – able to communicate effectively with external & internal teams.
- A strong team player, you’ll be equally happy working independently on your own initiative.
- Ideally have 3 yrs + in a client-facing agency-side role – but the right attitude is more important!
- Able to build strong relationships with our clients, becoming their consultative and a trusted partner.
- Confident, with the ability to negotiate additional budgets along with upselling new services to existing clients.
- Not an expert in everything, but a hunger and willingness to learn – from the best in the industry!
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google & Social ads, SEO, and other digital marketing tools/areas.
- Experience working with popular systems including Shopify, WordPress & Squarespace.
- Knowledge of InDesign/Photoshop/iMovie would be an advantage.
The role would suit somebody with a passion for B2B digital marketing who works well both on their own but also with the support of a team of specialists, someone who is highly organised and enjoys the variety of working directly with very innovative tech companies.
In previous roles, you may have been an in-house digital marketing manager, or a digital marketing account manager in an agency environment, and you are interested in how Lead Generation, SEO, content & PPC can all come together to achieve results.
Please note: marketing agency-side client management experience is a must.
- A competitive salary to £40k + benefits
- Work from our vibrant office in Putney, with plenty of home working opportunities
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + additional time off for your Birthday and over the Christmas period
- Statutory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Fantastic personal & career progression opportunities
- Discretionary bonus scheme – conditional on the company and personal performance