Join a leading London-based agency, recently named one of UK’s top digital marketing agencies by Clutch.co and winners of the Lloyds Bank 2021 Small Business Award!
Digital Marketing Strategist & Account Manager
Boasting an impressive client base that includes some of the most exciting e-learning and fintech start-ups in the market, we are pushing the boundaries with our work on the most ambitious and challenging digital marketing briefs.
We’re a growing, international team that can offer marketing services in 5 languages and has experience running campaigns in 6 of the 7 continents. We’ll get that last one nailed down soon, who knows, may be you’ll be the one who gets us there!
To support our growth plans, we are seeking people who can bring new skills, ideas and ways of thinking into the business. We have also recently become a HubSpot partner, and are taking this partnership very seriously.
We are looking for a talented Digital Strategist with a strong working knowledge of Paid Search, Content Marketing and Social Media. Someone who is capable of bringing together all the parts to form an end-to-end campaign, using the right tools.
This is a key role within a small, highly diverse and multi-national team, and a fantastic opportunity for an experienced digital marketer to take the next step towards a more strategic and holistic role. You will have the opportunity to directly influence the overall business direction, strategy and success of the agency and its clients.You will also work very closely with the agency management team, and receive mentoring and coaching support to help you excel.
For the successful candidate, this is an excellent personal and career development opportunity. Flexible working is available for the right candidates, this includes family-friendly hours.
You may ask why the full title is Digital Marketing Strategist & Account Manager. This is because as an agile agency we’re all involved in client management as well as in the productive work on the accounts. Sure, we work with many area specialists, however getting involved with the implementation and performing quality control on a day to day basis is an integral part of this job.
As a team we thrive on diversity, challenge each other to improve and all know that only our best is good enough. We work hard, but we always remain fully committed to an inclusive, enjoyable work environment.
The role would suit somebody with a passion for B2B digital marketing who works well both on their own but also with the support of a team of specialists, someone who is highly organised, has a great attention to detail and enjoys the variety of working directly with very innovative tech companies.
With your first-rate business communication skills that will enable you to build effective client relationships, you’ll capture and translate client requirements for our internal team of specialists, ensuring campaign and project delivery in a timely manner to the uncompromising high standards that have become the agency’s hallmark.
In previous roles, you may have been an in house digital marketing manager, a digital marketing account manager or account strategist in an agency environment, and you know from experience how Lead Generation, content & PPC comes together to achieve results. You have gained some of your experience in a B2B marketing role working with Technology companies (FinTech or EdTech preferably).
Requirements: marketing agency-side client management experience is a must.
Other key capabilities: Candidates should have several of the following, and be willing to develop any of those skills currently missing from their CV:
- A Bachelor Degree in marketing, journalism or similar.
- HubSpot certified (inbound marketing certification is highly desirable, other Hubspot certifications will be advantageous) OR hands-on Hubspot experience using the Marketing Hub (on a Professional plan).
- Have 3 yrs+ at a mid-management level in a client-facing role. The client-focused attitude with excellent interpersonal, communication & influencing skills is very important.
- Excellent organisational skills – able to oversee multiple workstreams and prioritise outcomes.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google & Social ads and other digital marketing tools/areas at the level that allows to assess the quality of specialist’s work and make improvement recommendations.
- Experience working with popular marketing software such as Active Campaign, Lemlist, Expandi (good working knowledge of at least one of the tools is a must-have).
- Experience with creating content marketing strategies and content distribution strategies.
- Experience project managing the creation of long-form content creation (working with copywriters and designers).
- Be highly organised and thrive on setting up and running a well-oiled machine that delivers great results based on well thought through processes & strategies. Project Management experience will be highly relevant.
- Lead campaign discovery and definition phases, working collaboratively with specialists on the team and externally to map out campaign strategy, uncover insights within the analytics accounts, carry out competitor analysis, set KPIs etc.
- Lead the strategic direction on projects & PPC accounts, with the support of specialists on our team.
- Oversee the smooth running of multiple projects/accounts to ensure they achieve their strategic objectives and help to coordinate our Content & PPC specialists. Ensure quality control of campaign outputs, proofread & assist with content creation.
- Be strategic and the key point of contact for clients and be able to provide ad-hoc advice on B2B digital marketing topics when needed, mainly within content & PPC.
- Actively manage communication, reporting and reviews of the managed client accounts. Take ownership of client relationships, campaign priorities & output delivery.
- Be able to build strong relationships with our clients, becoming their consultative and trusted partners.
- Be confident and drive authority to negotiate additional budgets along with upselling new services to existing clients.
- Contribute to proposals for new business opportunities when appropriate.
- A strong team player, you’ll be equally happy working independently on your own initiative.
- A competitive salary + benefits
- 5% Account Management Bonus for every account managed (starts after 3 months of successfully handling that account)
- additional discretionary bonus scheme – conditional on the company and personal performance
- additional bonuses available for talent and client introductions
- Fantastic personal & career progression opportunities:
- Career coaching sessions to get you started in the role
- Mentoring from one of the founders
- Hubspot Partner training
- Opportunity to work from home and/or from our vibrant office in Putney – depending on your individual circumstances
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + additional day off for your Birthday and bridge days over the Christmas period (total 37 days holiday including bank holidays)
- Statutory pension scheme (UK-based employees only)
- Private health care (UK-based employees only)
Type of role: Full time, with the possibility to work remotely (fully or partially).